Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||18 Years and Over|
- - Written informed consent.
- - Male or female patient.
- - Age >18 years.
- - Previous diagnosis of EoE, confirmed by histopathology, with the presence of >15 eosinophilic granulocytes per high power field (hpf) in esophageal biopsies.
- - Current maintenance treatment for EoE with a PPI or swallowed topical corticosteroids or about to start with these maintenance medications as decided during regular clinical practice.
- - Severe and clinically unstable concomitant disease that may interfere with the subject's ability to participate in the study.
- - Receive investigational treatment during the study.
- - Dilation of esophagus required.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
|Academisch Medisch Centrum - Universiteit van Amsterdam (AMC-UvA)|
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||N/A|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
No Intervention: Control
Behavioral: - Intervention
Subjects will receive a behavioral intervention with additional education in combination with more frequent follow up and patient reminders
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.